Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Guilt and Embarrassment

Talking and writing my story has been very difficult because I am truly embarrassed. I know in my head I should not be embarrassed as this was not in any way my fault. However, I just can't help it. My head understands but my heart isn't quite getting it yet. Everyday I wonder who is going to stop talking to me or being my friend over telling my story. I guess this is why so many sexually abused people remain silent. It is very difficult to fess up. Luckily, I only told people who truly care about me. Everyone has express sympathy and are amazed that I have come through this ordeal and have a healthy, positive outlook on life. The healthy, positive outlook is defiantly a choice I make everyday. I can be a victim or play the blame game or try to put on a smile and rise above to be the person I long to be. Some days it is easier than others.

No comments: