Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sharing

I haven't told many people about the horror I faced as a child. Up until a week ago I had told my roommate from college, my mom, her attorney, a judge, my dad's attorney, a few counselors, and my husband. I don't know why but last week I felt compelled to write it down for the first time in my life. I emailed my story to my closest friends. It was freeing and scary to write and send it. I felt so alone, raw, and vulnerable. One of the people I shared my story with was my boss and his wife. He is a middle aged man who in some regards plays a fatherly role to me. Just for the record, not a disgusting role that my real father played but a role that encouraged me to complete my college degree and listens to all my kiddo's stories and laughs. His wife has become my pen pal and we share aromatherapy, organic finds and gardening info. I started this blog after the two of them encouraged me to continue to write and share my story. I doubt I will ever write an entry everyday but I will try to write several a week. I'd love to here from anyone who reads this. Just an FYI - I said I told my story to a couple of lawyers and a judge and I want to explain. My father sued my mother for custody of my and my sister when I was 16. I had to testify in the judge's chambers to the abuse. It was horrible. I still can't believe I testified to a judge in a court of law in the United States of America about the sexual abuse and no charges were ever filed against my father. Actually I googled him the other day and found out he is a deacon in a church not far form my home. Scary!

No comments: