Friday, May 9, 2008

Joy

I spend a lot of time writing about the painful past I experienced. This is not the only aspect of me. I am generally full of joy. For me it is hard not to be joyful. I love life. I was dealt a crappy hand but I am not ready to call it quits. I love being a mom and a wife. I love laughing. I love talking with friends. I love learning more about me. I want to get up every morning and having a smile on my face. Actually, I like being joyful maybe a little too much at times. Not long ago a colleague of mine called me unfocused and undisciplined. I believe this person thought that because I laugh and smile all day. I am always saying something funky or acting silly. I just don’t take myself or life too serious. It is just my style. Laughter is the best medicine. Just for the record – I am neither unfocused nor undisciplined. Last year I completed 30 credit hours to graduate from college while being a mom to two young children, being a wife and working full time. Did I mention that I had a 4.0 GPA? I loved every minute of it and I laughed just about everyday.

No comments: